No matter how old or young, everybody loves a good deal. There’s a special kind of happiness that comes combining coupons and taking advantage of discounts and sales to maximize savings. One of the many benefits that come with age is access to a seemingly endless list of discounts and savings at restaurants, travel, retail stores, and many more places. In most cases, all that’s needed is an ID to verify the age requirement and maybe visiting a place on a certain day of the week to get the maximum amount of savings. Some savings may be dictated by specific dates or times and the age requirements may vary from place to place, but once you know the lay of the land you can schedule everything out to save the most money possible. If you’re looking to save some money in 2021, here are a few ways you can do that:
Restaurants & Dining:
● Applebee’s: 10-15% off (60+)
● Chilli’s: 10% Senior Discount (55+)
● Denny’s: Senior Discount may vary by location for 15% off (AARP membership verified)
● Einstein’s Bagels: 10% off (60+)
● IHOP: Amazing discounts on the senior menu (55+)
● Outback Steakhouse: 10% off for AARP members for meals (alcohol not included)
● Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)
● Sizzler: Offers the “Honored Guest Menu.” Varies by location (60+)
● Arby’s: 10% off. Free drinks at varied locations (55+)
● El Pollo Loco: 10% off senior discount (60+) or 15% off military discount.
● Jack in the Box: up to 20% (55+)
● Sonic: 10% off or free drink (60+ and varies by location)
Retail & Shopping:
● Amazon Prime: discounted membership to those who have a medicaid card.
● Kohl’s: 15% off every Wednesday for those 60+.
● Michael’s: 10% off most purchases (including sale items) everyday for those 55+
● Ross: 10% off for seniors every Tuesday for those 55+
● SteinMart: 20% off red dot/clearance items on the first Monday of every month (55+)
● Walgreens: 20% off once a month. Requires Balance Rewards card (65+ or AARP)
● Joann Fabric: 20% off on Senior Discount Days (check Facebook page for dates)
● LensCrafters: Discounted lenses, frames, contacts, and eye exams (AARP membership)
● Rite Aid: 20% off on the first Wednesday of the month for Wellness65+ members.
● The UPS Store: 5% off shipping and up to 15% off other products/services (AARP membership)
Hotels & Travel:
● Best Western: 15% off when booking reservations (select AARP/Senior Rate)
● Marriott: 15% off at participating locations (62+)
● Hilton Hotels & Resorts: up to 5% off. Book online or through Hilton’s AARP page. Or book by phone and ask for AARP rate and present AARP membership at check-in.
● Wyndham Hotels: Discounted rates for AARP members. Select Senior/AARP rate when booking online or by phone. Present proof of age at check-in.
● American Airlines: Select senior fare when booking online (65+)
● British Airways: Up to $200 off flights and packages. Book through British Airways’ AARP page.
● Delta Airlines: Discounted senior fares on select flights. Call directly to book.
● Amtrak: 10% off select fares when booking (65+)
● Avis or Budget Rental: up to 30% off rentals. Book online or call and ask for AARP rate.
● National Parks: Discounted $20 annual park pass or $80 lifetime park pass. Pass holders also get up to 50% off select amenities costs. Provide proof of age and residency or citizenship.
Cell Phone Discounts
● ATT: Provides a Senior Nation plan for those 65 and older
● Consumer Cellular: 5% discount on usage and monthly fees and 30% off select accessories for AARP members.
● Sprint: The Unlimited 55+ Plan offers special deals for seniors
● T-Mobile: Offers several 55+ plans for seniors
● Verizon: special offers available for those 55 and older.