Senior Law Day Collaborative: Physical, Emotional, and Financial Safety: What You Need to Know Now
A special program in recognition of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
Wednesday, June 16th 10:00AM – 11:00AM
The last year has been tough for many of us. We may be prone to others – both strangers and people we know well - playing on our emotions or physical limitations. In the spirit of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, we are presenting a useful tool kit so that we can become more resilient during these challenging times.
This presentation draws on the expertise of our five co-sponsoring organizations:
• Westchester County Department of Senior Programs & Services
• Westchester Library System
• Office of the District Attorney – Westchester County
• Office of the New York Attorney General
• Pace Women’s Justice Center
We will discuss how the pandemic has created new opportunities for scams and abuse and present advice and guidance on four topics:
• How not to become the victim of a scams and frauds that target older adults
• Recognizing when people close to you may be victimizing you
• What to do when you think you may have been a victim
• Online resources that can help
Register for this FREE webinar: https://bit.ly/WestWEAAD
(Dial-in by phone also available; numbers obtained on registration or by calling and leaving a message for Paul at 914.231.3227)
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is held annually on June 15th as an International UN observance, recognizing that abuse of the elderly is an increasing and serious problem as longevity increases.