Expert Caregivers for Parkinson’s Disease Care
Our Evansville Parkinson’s Care Program is a specialized program designed to provide caregivers with messaging from leading experts within the Parkinson’s Foundation’s Center of Excellence network.
Our Evansville Parkinson’s support and disability care program is the first of its kind in the in-home senior care industry, and is available to individuals in Newburgh, Boonville, and surrounding areas. Its goal is to provide our dedicated caregivers with advanced training and opportunities to further their education, empowering them to create custom care plans for patients battling Parkinson’s disease.
There is no cure for Parkinson’s, and while medical treatment can help delay the onset of new symptoms, they will eventually appear. Our care plans are designed to be adaptable. What may start out as assistance with a few errands or activities could evolve into 24/7 assistance with personal care. Our Evansville Parkinson’s support and disability caregivers are trained to identify new symptoms and discuss potential changes in care plans with you as needed.
Senior Helpers caregivers are trained to:
- Understand and notice Parkinson’s disease advances and changes
- Administer technique and strategies designed to manage Parkinson’s disease symptoms
- Detect potential hazards in the home and eliminate them
- Assist with maintaining a nutritious diet
- Remind and manage medication schedules
- Encourage light exercise routines to improve balance and strength
- Notice signs of discomfort in patients and provide adjustments as needed