Expertly Trained in Parkinson's Disease Care
Senior Helpers’ Parkinson’s Care Program is a specialized training program for our caregivers created in conjunction with leading experts from the Parkinson’s Foundation’s Centers of Excellence network. This program, the first of its kind in the in-home senior care industry, is designed to provide our caregivers with the expert training and education necessary to create personalized care plans for individuals living with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s is a progressive condition, which means your loved one’s care needs will change as the disease advances. At first, you may just need some assistance with running errands, but that might evolve to include assistance with personal care and activities of daily living. There is not a one-size fits all approach to care, which is why Senior Helpers works with each of our clients to develop a care plan unique to their specific needs.
Senior Helpers caregivers are educated and trained on:
- How Parkinson’s disease advances and changes
- Techniques and strategies to identify and manage the motor (mobility/movement) and non-motor (cognitive/behavioral) symptoms of Parkinson’s
- Home safety and fall prevention
- Diet and nutrition
- Medication timing/management and reminders
- Light exercise to maintain balance, mobility and strength
- How to notice changes in posture and facial expression and provide comfortable adjustments to maintain coordination and balance