Expertly Trained in Parkinson's Disease Care
Our Greenwood Parkinson’s support services and disability care program offered in Indianapolis, Franklin, and surrounding areas, is unique in the sense that our caregivers get to be a part of a specialized preparation program that was created with professionals from the Parkinson's Foundation. It is the first of its kind in the home care and senior care industry and it allows our caregivers to receive the very best in training and education required to create care plans for elderly adults that are living with Parkinson’s.
Due to the progressive condition of this disease, your loved one’s care requirements are most likely to change as it gets further along. Whether you simply need additional assistance with running errands, or your loved one needs personal care and hygiene assistance, Senior Helpers of Greenwood and South Indianapolis is ready to help. There is no such thing as a “one size fits all” when it comes to our Greenwood Parkinson’s support services and disability care plans offered in Indianapolis, Franklin, and other local communities, and we work hard to address all of our client’s unique needs.
Senior Helpers caregivers are educated and trained on:
- How Parkinson’s disease advances and changes
- Techniques and strategies to identify and manage the motor (mobility/movement) and non-motor (cognitive/behavioral) symptoms of Parkinson’s
- Home safety and fall prevention
- Diet and nutrition
- Medication timing/management and reminders
- Light exercise to maintain balance, mobility and strength
- How to notice changes in posture and facial expression and provide comfortable adjustments to maintain coordination and balance