Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 8th. Finding the right Mother's Day gift can be challenging, especially when you're deciding what to give a senior citizen whose interests and activities differ greatly from yours. The thing is though, that the only thing most mothers want for Mother's Day is to spend time with the people they love.
You don't need to do anything over the top or extravagant to make the mom or grandmom in your life feel special. Here are some activities that you may enjoy doing with your mother this weekend (or any day really!)
- Share a nice meal at their favorite restaurant. It doesn't have to be fancy, just a place they really enjoy.
- If the weather is nice, go to the park for a picnic or a walk.
- Take your sports fan to a ball game – whether it's a local or national team, it's sure to be a good time.
- Art lovers may enjoy visiting a nearby museum. A good conversation starter is to ask them about the pieces they like best.
- Cook their favorite meal or get takeout from their favorite restaurant. Arrange the food on nice plates and decorate the table a bit. You could even go all out with candles, flowers, and fancy china!
- For someone who is really excited about a hobby (examples: music, fishing, dancing), enjoy that activity with them or join in a class they take
From the Senior Helpers family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful holiday celebrating mom!