Posted on Jun 12, 2018
If your loved one is living with Alzheimer’s and dementia, chances are you’re experiencing many emotions. The sorrow of seeing a loved one’s personality and memories change is mixed with worry for their safety and well-being. Senior Helpers understands what you’re going through, and we can help.
A Unique Approach
- We developed our Senior Gems® program hand-in-hand with renowned dementia care specialist, Teepa Snow, OTR/L, of Positive Approach, LLC (www.teepasnow.org.
- Other programs and routines for seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia focus on what they are no longer able to do. Senior Gems®, on the other hand, focuses on what they can do.
- The strength of our program lies in its emphasis on allowing seniors as much independence as possible, helping to increase their quality of life while still ensuring their safety.
- We use gemstones to represent the stage of Alzheimer’s and dementia your loved one is in.
- Each gemstone comes with its own characteristics (such as often misplacing things) and activities (such as cooking a meal).
- The gem stages make it easy for loved ones and caregivers alike to understand more about what a senior is experiencing, and to help them maximize their quality of life.
- Senior Helpers’ caregivers are experts in the Senior Gems® program.
- They provide in-home care based on your loved one’s specific needs.
- Their expertise in Alzheimer’s and dementia care can help you rest easy that your loved one is living a safer life and is receiving top-notch care.
The Gem Stages
The Senior Gems® program is a truly wonderful resource for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia and their families. Contact Senior Helpers today to learn more about how this program can help your loved one!
SENIOR GEMS® is based on GEMS™, techniques, strategies, and overall approach to care which was created and developed by Teepa Snow, Positive Approach, LLC www.teepasnow.com. GEMS™ and POSITIVE APPROACH™ are trademarks of Positive Approach, LLC. SENIOR GEMS® is a registered trademark of Senior Helpers.
Add a Comment