Posted on Apr 27, 2016
As many of you know, until the day you become a caregiver you don’t really know what to expect as a caregiver. The unknown is more than likely the cause of so many myths surrounding the life of a caregivers.
Have you heard any of these myths?
- Working from home means you have plenty of free time. Does this statement make you want to scream?
- Caregivers have a lot of downtime. Here is another misconception about being a caregiver. Many think that caring for a loved one means you sit at home with them and watch TV. What they don’t understand is care means health needs, nutrition needs, hygiene needs, we could go on!
- Caregivers mostly focus on doctor appointments and medication reminders. Caring for someone with a disease is more than helping them with medical needs. Caregivers provide mental support, physical support, and more!
- Caring for a loved one is fun because they are family. While we care because we love, caring for a loved one isn’t always easy. Sometimes caregivers even get mad at the ones they care for – and that’s normal!
- Caregivers get support from their families. WRONG! Caregivers need support, too! Everyone needs help (whether they admit it or not) and caregivers are no exception!
What is the most common caregiver myth you’ve heard? Share with us by commenting below or by sharing on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Add a Comment