If you live in South Bend, Granger, Notre Dame, Mishawaka, Elkhart, Bristol, Niles, New Carlisle, Osceola or Lakeville, contact Senior Helpers for Parkinson’s support services and disability care.
Expertly Trained in Parkinson's Disease Care
Seniors Helpers of South Bend offers a Parkinson’s Care Program to our caregivers which is a specialty training program created in conjunction with leading experts from the Parkinson’s Foundation’s Centers of Excellence network. This South Bend, Granger, Notre Dame, and Mishawaka, IN Parkinson's support service and disability care program is the first of its kind for the home care industry and gives each of our caregivers the tools and resources to create custom care plans for those living with Parkinson’s disease.
Since Parkinson’s disease is a progressive condition, your loved one’s needs will change over time, and we are here to provide care through each phase. At the beginning your loved one may need lighter assistance such as help running errands, but may later need help with more extensive tasks such as personal care and mobility. We know that each individual will progress differently which is why we take a unique approach to everyone’s care with our South Bend, granger, Notre Dame, and Mishawaka, IN Parkinson’s support services and disability care. A caregiver from Seniors Helpers will work with you closely to determine what services are best for your loved one.
Senior Helpers caregivers are educated and trained on:
- How Parkinson’s disease changes and advances over time
- Techniques and strategies to identify and manage the motor (mobility/movement) and non-motor (cognitive/behavioral) symptoms of Parkinson’s
- Home safety and fall prevention
- Diet and nutrition
- Medication timing/management and reminders
- Light exercise to maintain balance, mobility, and strength
- How to notice changes in posture and facial expression and provide comfortable adjustments to maintain coordination and balance