Posted on Jul 22, 2016
Ice cream is an easy go-to treat for these hot summer days…but we have some suggestions for treats that will both cool you down and pack a healthy punch!
- Iced Tea- why not try green tea? Both green and black teas have 10 times the antioxidants found in fruits and veggies. Experiment with different blends and try adding a little bit of 100% fruit juice for extra antioxidants. Bonus if it’s decaf as you are also hydrating!
- Fruit Slushes- all the frozen things are amazing on hot, humid days! Just put ice cubes and fruit in a blender – virtually any fruit works- watermelon, lemons, limes, berries…gradually add sweetener as you blend and taste frequently. You may find you don’t need much as the natural sugars in the fruits are just fine- less is more!
- Fruit Juice Popsicles- pour 100% fruit juice in popsicle or ice cube molds and throw in the freezer for an easy, healthy treat
- Gazpacho- summer is prime season for fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and melon…all of these make for some great cold-soup recipes like gazpacho. Play around and find the combination you like best!
- Cold towels- ok, so not your traditional ‘treat’, but wet some hand towels in lavender, eucalyptus or lemon scented water. Squeeze out the excess water, roll them up and place them in a clean Tupperware container in your refrigerator or freezer. When it gets toasty outside, pull one out and place it over your eyes, on your forehead or the back of your neck to help cool down. These chilly towels make for the perfect refreshing at-home spa treatment.
What do you treat yourself to when the temperatures creep up outside?
Add a Comment