Posted on Mar 11, 2016
While it’s important that we feed our bodies properly as we age, it’s just as important to keep our brains nourished as well. Seniors are more tech-savvy than ever, and app developers are catching on. Here are some of our recommendations for apps that could make life easier, more fun and maybe even healthier for you or the seniors in your life.
- Lumosity: This popular app can help to keep your brain sharp through games tailored to your goals: memory, attention, problem solving, processing speed or flexibility of thinking.
- TED: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas in the form of short, powerful talks. With a large catalog of topics (including aging, healthcare, relationships and more) seniors can watch and listen to inspirational talks from the world’s greatest thought leaders.
- 7 Little Words: In this single-player game, you can use your trivia and vocabulary skills to unscramble seven words with crossword-style clues. It’s a fun, challenging and easy way to keep your mind entertained.
- Yesterday USA: This great Internet radio app broadcasts “old-time radio shows” all day, every day. A fun way to take a stroll down memory lane with the help of today’s technology.
- NPR: Staying up to date on current news is just as important as being nostalgic. You can stream your senior’s favorite station and stay updated on the latest news with National Public Radio’s app. Have another favorite news source? Most TV networks and newspapers offer free apps as well.
Do you have a favorite smartphone or tablet app that you would add to our list? Let us know in the comments below.
Add a Comment