Taking the stress and uncertainty out of moving to an assisted or independent living community.
WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.
Senior Helpers’ trained, licensed and bonded caregivers can provide a full array of services to help you or your loved one manage the uncertainty and stress of this major transition. By working with you, your loved one and the facility we will coordinate and manage the before, during and after-the-move needs ranging from organizing, sorting, packing and labeling, to transportation and companionship during this emotional time.
BEFORE THE MOVE
1. Get to know the facility, the staff and the residents.
2. Review the calendar and schedule to pick key activities and meals to attend prior to move in.
3. Plan morning, afternoon and evening outings to the facility just to meet the staff.
4. Help pick personal belongings that are most important. For clothes, determine what is needed now versus what can be stored.
5. Assist in building a memory box of the most important memories.
6. Consolidate photo albums
DURING THE MOVE
1. Organize closets, drawers and the general room to make it comforable.
2. Hang the framed photos, pictures and other mementos.
3. Make lunch and dinner plans for the first week.
4. Review the past week with the nursing staff or department coordinators.
AFTER THE MOVE
1. Provide overnight care for first 1-2 nights to ensure safety and overnight compliance and acclimation.
2. After your first week, decide if there is anything you wish you brought, but left behind.
3. Review what you brought to see if it is still what you want or need.
4. Invite friends to come visit you now that you are settled.
5. Invite a new friend for a meal.