Posted on Dec 22, 2014
As the holidays are upon us, many families in the East Bay are taking advantage of the opportunity to spend their time off of work visiting family they don’t see often, and visiting the grandparents is a tradition for most families. For families uncertain if a senior living community is in your loved one’s future, the winter season is a perfect time to visit and to explore your options in case an unexpected need arises. Senior Helpers and Senior Living Blog have collected a list of reasons why:
- -- There is an especially welcoming atmosphere: Senior living communities always strive to provide a welcoming atmosphere, but during the holidays, the holiday decorations and lights add a special warm, homey sparkle, making the entire atmosphere more inviting.
- -- Family is together: For many, the holidays are the only time of the year where the entire family is together for an extended period of time. This makes the holidays a perfect time to visit so the whole family can better assess the compatibility of the community rather than just one member having to decide.
- -- There are plenty of activities: Many senior homes offer more or special activities during the holiday months to participate in and get better acquainted with the living community. For example, Danville’s Sunrise senior living brings in 5th grade holiday carolers and a flute concert and many other holiday related activities, and Rossmoor in Walnut Creek is will be having a Christmas Sing-Along activity on Christmas day.
- -- It’s an unintimidating time for seniors to visit: For seniors who are already a little hesitant to live in a senior living community, the holidays offer a great distraction to the visit since most of the events are focused around music, children, food, and family, your senior is less likely to feel pressured or singled out when they visit.
- -- Some homes offer holiday specials: if you are certain you want to put your senior in a living home, the holidays are a perfect time to begin because some senior homes offer holiday deals such as rent freezes, a free month, or discounted rent.
Senior Helpers of Moraga offers companionship visits for seniors in senior living communities as well as services for seniors who wish to remain in their own home such as peace of mind visits, personal care visits, live-in care, and overnight care. If you would like to learn more about the wide range of services available from the reliable and compassionate care of Senior Helpers of Moraga, call 925-268-8327 to speak to an in home senior care specialist who will work with you and your family to create a personalized care plan made specifically for your loved one’s needs. Senior Helpers would also like to wish all of our clients, caregivers, and readers a happy holiday season.
Add a Comment